Thanksgiving break is rapidly approaching and if you’re anything like me, the idea of a whole gravy boat waiting for you to slather all over your plate is driving you crazy! But we all know that the holidays typically mean family time and if your family is anything like mine, all you get are questions after questions about your personal life. So, here are the top ten questions we all dread hearing from our various relatives while we stuff our faces like little chipmunks on Thanksgiving.
1. Do you have a boyfriend/girlfriend yet?- said your aunt, but really she’s asking for your mother…
2. Are you at least dating anyone? – said Mom for the follow up!
3. Why do you know how to make all these drinks? – said your sibling, who is trying to be a smartbutt
4. Have any single friends for me? – said your fellow single cousin.
5. Did you gain weight? – said your drunk uncle.
6. You’re getting all A’s, right? – said your father.
7. You don’t go out to those speakeasies without any of your clothes on, right? – said your grandpa and/or oldest person in the room.
8. Do you know how lucky you are? Back in my day papers were done on typewriters! – said your drunk uncle again.
9. I saw your pictures on Facebook. Who is that boy/girl you were with and where were you? – SAID EVERY FAMILY MEMBER.
10. How do you like Towson? – said the one random person that you don’t know that shows up.
May the odds be ever in your favor and happy Thanksgiving!