Student Activities Office
Position Description: SAM Social Media Blogger
Student Activities and Sam are currently seeking Social Media Bloggers for the 2013-14 academic year. This position will partner with subject matter experts and marketing assistants to develop appropriate written and video blogs that capture campus life and the student experience. This position will assist with the overall strategic planning of marketing initiatives. This position will be supervised by the Coordinator of Marketing and Social Media. Night and weekend work will be required, with advanced notice.
- Be an active member of the Student Activities marketing team and participate in strategic planning of marketing initiatives
- Maintain plan for Student Activities internet presence based strategic plan
- On all social media sites: Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, etc.
- Ensure blogs are accessible from a variety of different environments
- Respond promptly to social media comments and email
- Develop daily/weekly written/video blogs that best reflect our campus and communicate the student experience
- Work at least 1 weekend a month at Destination Towson or other similar events
- Promote Student Activities and program areas at special events and throughout campus
- Actively attract and engage students to Student Activities social media
- Research strategic ways to communicate to a diverse campus population
- Outreach to various student groups
- Current Towson student enrolled full-time. Major in English, journalist, broadcast journalism, advertising, PR, Marketing, eBusiness, mass communication or other related field
- Good “conversational” writing skills
- Excellent grammar and punctuation
- Social Media experience
- Familiar with recent blog technologies
- Familiar with blog development
- Good conversationalist, can engage with others well
- Comfortable public speaking, on camera, or approaching students on campus
Student Activities is seeking an energetic and creative individual. Must be self-motivated and can work with little supervision. This position will get credit for all work done and will be displayed on website, http://www.towson.edu/studentactivities and social media outlets such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
*SA student generally require a commitment of ten hours per week, but can be adjusted to meet students’ specific program requirements. This position pays $8 an hour. The student must be available to attend a Student Employee orientation on August 27th from 9am-4pm.
If interested, please email your resume to Kim Ciurlino at firstname.lastname@example.org.