Student Activities Office
Position Description: Photographer/Videographer
Student Activities and Sam are currently seeking photographers and videographers for the 2013-14 academic year. This position will partner with subject matter experts and marketing assistants to develop appropriate video blogs, commercials and event coverage that capture campus life and the student experience. This position will assist with the overall strategic planning of marketing initiatives. This position will be supervised by the Coordinator of Marketing and Social Media. Night and weekend work will be required, with advanced notice.
- Be an active member of the Student Activities marketing team and participate in strategic planning of marketing initiatives
- Maintain plan for Student Activities internet presence based strategic plan
- Will be expected to offer commercial ideas, video blog ideas and attend different campus events
- Ensure videos and photos are accessible from all of Sam’s social media outlets
- Respond promptly to email
- Develop daily/weekly video blogs/commercials or photo coverage that best reflect our campus and communicate the student experience
- Work at least 1 weekend a month at Destination Towson or other similar events
- Promote Student Activities and program areas at special events and throughout campus
- Actively attract and engage students to Student Activities social media
- Research strategic ways to communicate to a diverse campus population
- Outreach to various student groups
- Current Towson student enrolled full-time. Major in broadcast journalism, EMF, advertising, PR, Marketing, eBusiness, mass communication or other related field
- Excellent grammar and punctuation
- Good photography skills
- Video or photo editing ability
- Social Media experience
- Good conversationalist, can engage with others well
- Comfortable approaching students on campus for their participation
- Own equipment recommended
Student Activities is seeking an energetic and creative individual. Must be self-motivated and can work with little supervision. This position will get credit for all work done and will be displayed on website, http://www.towson.edu/studentactivities and social media outlets such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter.
*SA student generally require a commitment of ten hours per week, but can be adjusted to meet students’ specific program requirements. This position pays $8 an hour. The student must be available to attend a Student Employee orientation on August 27th from 9am-4pm.
If interested, please email your resume and sample work (or portfolio) to Kim Ciurlino at email@example.com.